#Discover HK: Wanchai market

Finally got to shoot some photos for the blog at Wanchai Market. A place I passby everyday, a place that exudes an air of history,...







Finally got to shoot some photos for the blog at Wanchai Market. A place I passby everyday, a place that exudes an air of history, a place that reflects authentic HK street culture.

As you might not notice, these individual vendors are slowly replacing their aged green stalls with a variety of colours, replaced are also the detachable tin plates with swing doors and scrolling gates. Lime green, purple, baby pink, turquoise...you name it and you'll find them lining up quietly by the Wanchai market.

My mom once told me she used to grew up around Wanchai too, many of our parents must have lived through the inevitable evolution of the Wanchai market. I can't help feeling sad to see the traditional green tin cans go away... as much as I'd hate to see trams or star ferries disappearing one day (the introduction of air-conditioned trams also bugged me). These are all we have left with, valuable childhood memories that tell the history of Hong Kong.

Therefore, I'll cherish every day these stalls withstand the wonton destruction brought by modernisation.
#oldhongkong #iloveyou

Blue ruffle top - Nichii
Checkered pants - H&M
Necklace - Newlook
Sandals - Vincci
Backpack - Prada



You Might Also Like

0 意見

Thank you for commenting! I'm glad that you love it. Please come back soon :)